Monday, September 25, 2017

Summer heat...

Wednesday, September 20, 2017
The summer that never was began in earnest!  With temperatures in the low 90’s, I found myself forced onto the roof of the run-in shed to complete the papering and shingling that the volunteer group had been unable to complete.  Unfortunately, they did not understand that the drip edge needed to be attached prior to the shingles, so I needed to pull the end shingle on 17 rows to add it on.  Once on the roof, I was quickly reminded why I’d never followed in the family tradition of roofing for a living.  Those people are nuts!

I was up there for several hours and feeling the effects of dehydration and overheating when I decided enough was enough.  I headed for Mimi’s after work to do some landscaping, but told her I was a little out of it and would do what we needed on Saturday.  Once home, I put on the air conditioning and decided that I would not be working out.  Though it is cooler in the valley by a good five degrees and I could have hiked in the shade, but I decided to settle for a hard day’s work and let my body recover.
Bonus:16,000 steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment