Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Rains are back...

Tuesday, April 24, 2018
The April rains are back and they don’t look like they’re going anywhere anytime soon.  As you know if you read this blog regularly, I monitor my steps each day with a Fitbit.  Last November I decided I’d try to average 20,000 steps a day for the entire month.  For me, that’s about 12 miles of walking.  Now…I get over 10,000 a day doing my job so it’s a lot easier to hit that goal than, say, most Americans spending their working hours in an office.  I reached that goal back then, accumulating 605,000 for the month.

April started with one of those rain days that kept me from even thinking about going for a hike.  By day’s end I’d walked only 4,000 steps.  I’ve had one more of those types of days this month so when I reached the halfway point and got it in my head to try to break my single month record, I knew it would be an uphill challenge.  Since then, I’ve been averaging 22,000 a day and if I can maintain that for the final six days of the month, I should come in around 607,000.  It’s something to shoot for, at least.

John was due to come over and head with me to Fisher’s for ribs.  The rains were still fall, but I HAD to get in my hike with Dakota.  We managed a six miler and I pushed the step total well over 20K for the day.  John however, was sick and never made it so I made pea soup, not really Paleo but a pretty good meal, and stayed in for the rest of the evening. 

I didn’t try to put the arrow bars on ‘Locke’ just yet since I couldn’t ride.  I think I’ll be able to work them on without disrupting the handlebar tape job…something once you start messing with you always wish you hadn’t.  Rain due for Wednesday, so probably no biking again.  I really should get out my pack and add some weight to my hikes by carrying it.  Maybe tonight…
Hike: 75 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 70 - 90 bpm.
Calories Burned: 450.
Bonus: 23,000 steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment