Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Breaking from the Paleo Diet...

Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Last Saturday I made a concession to the weight loss I’ve managed since going on the Paleo Diet and dropping ten pounds.  My belt has not been doing its thing, which is to hold up my pants.  I had it on the last available notch, so I took matters into my own hands deciding it would be more economical to punch a hole into a perfectly functioning belt than it would be to buy a new one.  I used the end of 5 in 1 scraper and worked a hole through the leather.  I pushed the hasp through the new notch and eureka – my pants stayed up and I saved like $10 on accessories.

The grass has been getting out of control on the farm and the storm ditches along the front of the property needed cutting badly.  I took my hand mower down and began the arduous task of cutting them.  The angle is wicked it took a couple of hours slipping, yanking, pushing and pulling to complete the task.  My back ached the entire time, but it had to be done and I’m the only one available.  Retirement keeps looking better and better.

I got out of the car slowly after pulling in the driveway.  I thought, ‘this would be a perfect day to ride and tomorrow is going to be in the eighties’ but decided that my back needed some rest.  I already had 25,000 steps for the day from all I’d done at the farm and so took a 2-mile hike with Dakota just to give her some exercise and to push my total over 30,000 for the day.  When we returned, I did another un-Paleo thing and made Amish casserole for dinner.  It has turkey meat (good), canned cream of chicken soup (bad), noodles and cheese (even worse) in it, but I needed something different that tasted good.  I made it, I ate it, I enjoyed it.  And then I felt guilty.
Hike: 40 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 70 - 90 bpm.
Calories Burned:  275.
Bonus: 31,000 steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment