Thursday, May 10, 2018

Riding with pain...

Wednesday, May 9, 2018
“My back is pretty sore.  I was doing ditches again today and the pain is wicked.  I may just skip riding and take it easy tonight,” I said to my cousin Donnie as I drove home.

“Good thinking, Maddox Man (my childhood nickname stemming from my love to dig holes and trenches with a mattock).  Even superheroes need a rest now and again,” he said.

But by the time I got home, the guilt of not having ridden the night before and the thought of not riding for two nights in a row was too much for my limited brain function.  I suited up and headed down the road.

Everything was fine for several miles, but then I felt it at the base of the spine.  Nothing serious or I wouldn’t have ridden, just that nagging fatigue that comes from doing too much lifting.  I cut the ride a little short, doing only 25 miles and after walking around for the rest of the night doing mundane chores, I have to say it was much better.  I know my body and sometimes it is actually preferable to work through the ache.

The Boston Celtics knocked off the Philadelphia 76’ers, so the CAVS have their opponent for the championship round of the NBA playoffs.  If LeBron and company can manage another upset, Boston was seeded second in the east, they will head for the finals.  If LeBron does that, it will be the eighth consecutive trip – something never accomplished in the history of the NBA.  He may be the best the game has ever seen.  Sorry, Mr. Jordan.
Bike Ride: One hour and 45 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 120-135 bpm.
Calories Burned: 1,500.
Bonus:  26,000 steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment