Thursday, January 17, 2019

Positive impacts...

Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Even I’m bored reading about what I’m doing for workouts these days, so I can only imagine someone reading because they WANT to.  Better times are coming and I’m going to keep on writing as continued motivation. 

I did receive a satisfying not from an old friend on Facebook yesterday.  It read as follows:

I have started up a serious work out program once again and I am remembering the things you taught me when you helped me out years ago.  Back then I was serious but I had a couple fatal flaws with my mind set. I viewed working out as a near term goal to reach and I let everyone around who praised me for losing all of my weight go to my head to where I left “I arrived” and eventually I stopped taking care of myself as I should because I felt I reached my goal. I am now viewing my health as a lifestyle change.

I remember taking him to the woods for a Survival Workout and preaching to him about goal setting and lifestyle changes.  Back then, as now, I need something specific to keep me on task.  Yes…I like being fit, but can easily blow off a workout when I don’t have something specific I’m targeting.  Hence – trips to the Adirondacks, cycling adventures and other challenges that help to keep me working out.  My friend is realizing he needs the same and it’s such a wonderful feeling to know that you’ve had a lasting, positive impact on another’s life…and that they take the time to share it with you.

Dakota and I weathered another cold night hiking in three inches of snow.  Not too bad, but it certainly adds to the effort.  My heart rate walking usually hovers in the seventies, but in the snow it is up at least ten beats.  We did a short loop, but not before I’d passed 20,000 steps for the third day in a row.  Tomorrow…Alaska Paul arrives.

Hike: One hour.
Training Heart Rate: 70-90 bpm.
Calories Burned:  350.
Bonus: 22,000 steps

No comments:

Post a Comment