Friday, June 18, 2010

Looking thin? Time to overeat.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

What does it take to keep you going? Well…nothing succeeds like success…and a well-timed compliment.

“Dude…you’re really starting to look thin again,” Eric said.

I had stopped to pick up Heidi and both he and his partner, Will, expressed the same sentiment.

“Hey, thanks. Yeah…the clothes are really getting loose, but I’m still no where near my old triathlon days,” I replied.

Eric has known me that long and knew my goals, but his words of encouragement are part of what made me search for a place to run later that evening and helped to keep me going…making another one-hour run.

I followed that up with some binge eating, though. Heidi had made me a cheeseburger, which wasn’t too bad, but then I finished hers. She also made some cookies so I had to have some to make her feel good, though she’d have probably felt fine if I’d stopped after five. I didn’t.

Last night, Savannah and I went to ‘The Jake’ only to see the Indians lose their fourth in a row. I ate nothing there, but had two hard-boiled eggs and some soup before leaving. I was hungry again when we returned home at 10 p.m., watching the Indians lose…or win…has that effect on me…and since I hadn’t had any dogs at ‘The Jake’, figured I owed myself a couple. I warmed up some baked beans to go with the dogs because watching the Indians lose makes me want to pass gas, as well.

And I was still hungry…but I did stop.

I’d managed a run earlier in the day. My lower abdominals are getting quite sore, something that has happened in the past when I’m logging a lot of running miles. I had considered taking the day off, but it was cool and the forecast showed a heat wave for the weekend, so I kind of had to run.

I started gingerly…the pain was there with every step, but began to lesson as the run progressed. Then I hit a root with my toe, stumbled, and felt knife-like pain in my lower abs. Not good, but the only solution…in my messed up mind…was to stop stumbling. I completed the run…another one-hour effort…without stumbling and manageable pain. I’m a man after all…I can handle it.

Run duration: 60 minutes.

Training Heart Rate: 140.

Calories burned during workout: 1050.

No comments:

Post a Comment