Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A couple more excuse filled days...

Saturday, August 15, 2015
So just what is it that takes what used to be a complete exercise fanatic and turn him into a mortal?  I don’t like it and want to get back in touch with my crazy inner self.  Admittedly, things have been busier than usual both on the farm and my after work jobs, but that’s really not an excuse.  Even if I’m arriving home late, I really could suit up and jump on the trainer, but the motivation is not there.  It’s close, though.
I did manage a hike on Saturday morning of a little over an hour before heading for Kleifelds for breakfast.  As wonderful as it is there, they do not offer real maple syrup, which is the reason I always order an omelet.  This morning, however, I was packing my own ‘LuAnn’s homemade Ohio maple syrup’ in a small Tupperware container…which I then left in the car.
“What’ll you have sweetie,” Andrea asked.
“I forgot the friggin’ maple syrup in the car, but I kinda had my heart set on blueberry pancakes so I think I’ll have them anyways and put this ‘Log Cabin’ crap on them and whine like a little girl about it,” I said.
“Now her I thought you were a little girl from all the whining you do about everything else,” Andrea said as she walked away to put in the order. 
Oh…she knows me.  Later that afternoon, I took my friend Terry on a walking tour of downtown Cleveland.  It took around two hours for the complete hike and again, I am so impressed with the progress the downtown area has made towards residential living.  It has been fifteen years since I worked at the Cleveland Athletic Club and the changes in that time are simply unreal.  I could honesty see myself living down there, particularly when they complete the Towpath into the Flats making the 115-mile trail to New Philadelphia and the Cuyahoga Valley National Park easily accessible to any downtown resident.   Coupled with the revitalization of the near West side, it is simply an exciting place to live and recreate.
In any event, I see big changes on the horizon.  I’m finishing up a couple of side jobs and will use that evening time to get my training squared away.  I’m looking at September now and seeing at least two trips to the Adirondacks.  I’m going to be ready and I’m going to have fun.  Which means I’m going to be ready.
Hike Duration:  Three hours
Training Heart Rate: 90 bpm.

Calories burned:  Three blueberry pancakes in crappy syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment