Thursday, August 6, 2015

Travel day

Sunday, August 2, 2015
After a breakfast of French toast with cousins Donnie and Pat, I climbed into the Toyota for the ride home.  The eight-hour drive with an audio book is no big deal to me and I knew family dinner would not be a problem as the ‘family’ would be preparing it for me.

I felt good after two days of hiking and climbing, but knew that more serious peaks would have done me in.  I’m in terrible shape for me, which is the only barometer I pay attention to.  In two weeks I’ll be heading back and plan to use that time to build the base a little wider.  Carrying a pack in the woods and doing step-ups, biking, and bleacher workouts will fill these pages and push me back to where I need to be to tackle some serious outings in September.  That’s the plan for now and it’s a good one.  Let’s hope the body cooperates and life doesn’t conspire to get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment