Friday, August 14, 2015

Wow! A lot of nothing...

Wednesday, August 12, 2015
So here I am writing about Wednesday’s workout and you may be wondering what happened to Monday and Tuesday.  Well, life happened to them. 

As always, life was physical at the farm so at least there’s that.  I did some digging, some hauling, some lifting and some whining (very few calories burned whining).  Then I received a text from my favorite smoker, Kristen,that she and her mom wanted to come over for a movie night, something I never say ‘no’ to.  I stopped to do some work at a side job for an hour then hurried to Heinen’s to pick up the food I’d need to make Amish casserole, which is nothing more than sautéed ground meat with some other stuff in it, poured over noodles mixed in a can of condensed chicken soup and covered in shredded cheddar cheese and baked.  I hurried home, showered, cleaned up the part of the house they were likely to see, threw dinner together and in the oven and they were there.  We watched one of my all-time favorites, ‘Parenthood’, and laughed and thought…it’s that kind of movie.

After they left, I thought about doing some exercise, which also does not burn up calories, and went to bed.

Tuesday included a dinner at Ty Fun in Tremont, a hike before going, and probably a few more calories than I should have eaten.

Wednesday found me down in Akron for dinner at Larry’s, which meant a burger and fries, though I only ate half of each.  I did a short hike before that meal, but for three days, I’ve done little formal exercise and nothing rugged and preparatory for another visit to the Adirondacks.  Thursday will hopefully change that pattern as September is almost here, which is far and away my favorite month for the mountains. 

No comments:

Post a Comment