Thursday, September 23, 2010

Post-Adirondack blues...

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I had taken the day off because I had hoped for a longer stay in the Adirondacks. Work had brought me back earlier, which is a shame since the best day at work isn’t as good as a bad day in the Adirondacks. Oh well…

I was feeling good, but had so much cleaning up to do to put my gear back in shape before putting it away for the winter. I spent most of the morning on that activity before heading to a business luncheon. I ate like a health nut at the lunch since I was meeting with the ‘You’ Doc from the Cleveland Clinic, Mike Roizen…having only a bowl of chicken and rice soup, so I was still hungry when I returned home. I wolfed down three pieces of old pizza and the remainder of my pinole, which seemed to fill the void in my stomach. I don’t think he’s reading my blog yet…shame on him…so he won’t know anyways.

It was a perfect day for a ride, but I put it off until it got too late. Fortunately, Holly wanted to do a walk in the park and later that night, wanted to do a second walk around the block. I joined her for both.

And now I move into that very difficult time for me…post event training. I’ve been getting ready for this last trip all summer…physically and emotionally. I do so well when I’ve got something I’m pointing towards…it keeps me training regardless of how I feel. Now…there’s a void. I’m in great shape…maybe the best I’ve been in the last 20 years, but no where to go. I must admit that without the blog, I might slip into a period of inactivity, but there is no way I want to write about backsliding. Anyway, I’ll probably take a couple of days off to rest the aching body a little and to figure out what I’m going to be doing for the rest of the fall. I sure wish I could run…that would make it a no-brainer, but with the changing weather and shortening days, riding becomes increasingly difficult.

Hike duration: One hour.
Training Heart Rate: 70 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment