Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Another belt notch...

Saturday, March 26, 2011


As the day draws nearer for the birthday triathlon, I’m getting more confident with the running again. I’ve been managing to get out every other day and run around 50 minutes for a week and was able to put back-to-back efforts in recently, too. The achilles continues to cause some discomfort right at the start of every run and then again at some point after 20 minutes, but it subsides quickly and I do what I do best with potential injuries…I ignore it.

I went to the Metropark in the morning and did the same course I’d done on Wednesday thinking I’d move a little faster. The trails were beginning to dry out, but still too sloppy to leave the bridles. I felt good for the first 20 minutes, but started slowing before the turnaround and finished about 60 seconds faster than I had on Wednesday. Some improvement at least.

Savannah was returning to Columbus from Spring break, so we had to have a fatty meal before she left. I had notched my belt to its final hole after my shower, something I haven’t done since last fall, but with the chicken, mashed potatoes, dressing and gravy…and two helpings later…and apple crisp for dessert, I let it back out. Still…I’m losing again for sure and if the weather ever starts acting like Spring and I can get out for some long rides, I should be able to accelerate the process.

Run duration: 51 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 145 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 850.

No comments:

Post a Comment