Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I'm getting sick...

Sunday, March 27, 2011
I’ve been fairly lucky with colds for some time now…but all that ended with a killer sore throat. I woke a couple of times during the night and popped a Hall’s so I could at least swallow. When I finally stumbled from bed in the morning, I went for the Quaker Oats because is smooth and hot and feels good going down.

I spent the next four hours transferring more home videos onto the computer while trying to decide if I should go for a ride or not. It was in the low 30’s though the sun was shining…but I still had that sore throat thing going and if I went for a ride and came home only to get worse, there’d be hell to pay with Holly. “Are you really going to complain about being sick after riding in the freezing cold when you knew your throat was already bothering you?”

Umm…no…I think not. I could have ridden on the trainer…but that sucks, so instead I took Dakota to the Metropark and we did a little antler hunting. I returned to a place where I’d found my first one and to my surprise, found another…or what was left of one. I can see why I’ve never seen one before. The piece I found was about the size of a pork chop bone, having been gnawed to nothingness in a little under a month, I’m guessing. Unless I’m walking the trail as they’re falling off, I can see I’m unlikely to find anything now that the rodents are all over the forest floor.

The hike wasn’t too strenuous…we only went up one climb before returning to the car, but I was feeling it none the less. I’m glad this is happening now and not on the triathlon weekend…

Hike duration: 90 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 75 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment