Saturday, May 26, 2012

"I don't like salmon..."


Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Jackie is such a conundrum.  Last night, while preparing the baked salmon, Holly asked him if he would like some.  He said he didn’t like salmon and was going to walk to the Giuseppe’s and get a turkey sub sandwich.  There was quite a bit left over and I was heating it up for my dinner when he came into the kitchen.

“Is there enough salmon for me?” he asked.

“Actually…no.  But I didn’t ask you about it because last night…you know – 24 hours ago – you said you didn’t like salmon,” I said.

“No I didn’t.  I said I didn’t like salmon because I was going to get a turkey sub,” he explained.
And I failed to see the difference, but since I knew by the end of the evening he wouldn’t like it again, I chose not to give him any of mine.  I know there are some species in the wild that eat their young.  He’s lucky he doesn’t belong to one of those.

I spent the evening with Dan handing him tools as he worked on the Honda.  I had to sit for most of the work since my knee was throbbing and found myself across from his bike and wishing I could take a spin.  He lives in Chardon and right down the road from Bass Lake Preserve, which offers a decent-sized body of water for kayaking. 

“I’m coming out next week with the Jeep and we’re going kayaking.  I have to do something while I’m laid up and I don’t need my knee to kayak,” I said.

He was good with that and I figured I could leave the kayaks at his place to save the bother of loading and unloading them.  I really do need to do something soon.  I’m sure I’m gaining ten pounds a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment