Monday, November 30, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thursday, November 26, 2015
Thanksgiving!  My favorite meal of the year – second to none.  I love the dark meat and eat it continually to the point of bursting as my father-in-law carves and places it on the platter.

“You’re eating it faster than I’m cutting it,” he says.

“That’s easy.  Cut faster,” I reply.

This year was a little different.  I did eat as he carved, but was full quickly and didn’t really feel like eating more.  For dinner, I had some turkey, sweet potatoes, green beans and carrots.  No gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, noodles or any other good stuff.  I skipped the pies, too.  As my cousin Donnie would say, ‘the perfect eating machine has been ruined.’  Well…at least I’ll continue to lose some weight.

I did climb aboard the trainer at 8 a.m. and get in a solid hour ride while continuing to watch ‘Lawrence of Arabia’.  As a movie lover, how have I lived to age sixty and never seen this epic film?  Well…I’m correcting that now.  It is almost four hours long and I’m only half way through after two sessions on the bike.  I like those kind of movies.

I was also productive outside on an almost perfect late fall day.  I put the ladder up against Mimi’s gutters and cleared out all those nasty leaves.  Not too strenuous, but at least I burned a couple more calories. 
Bike duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 135 bpm.
Calories Burned: 850.

No comments:

Post a Comment