Monday, November 30, 2015

Ugh...don't want the leftovers...

Friday, November 27, 2015
The forecast said a high of sixty and sunny, which translates into ‘ride your bike outside’.  And I was thinking that was an excellent idea, but I also knew me.  I had things to accomplish, like driving out to the farm to push up the manure pile and a little grocery shopping, house cleaning, laundry – that kind of crap – before going to Cecilia’s for her after-Thanksgiving party.  Likely I’d get going on all that stuff, find a couple of other things to do, and suddenly not have the time for a ride.  Wisely, I boarded the trainer and put in an hour in the family room watching more TV.

My eating woes continued.  Normally I’d be putting a serious dent in the left-overs, but they didn’t sound good to me.  I ate some cereal and a banana and went about the business of the day.  Later that night, I did have a bowl of chili and a bowl of clam chowder, both of which tasted good at the time, but left me feeling like I’ve been feeling for four weeks – bloated and uncomfortable.  Admittedly, I feel that way with or without the food in my stomach.  My friend Bob Iafelice, the most thorough and well-educated Nutritionist I have ever known and a man who always walks the talk, was trying to schedule a meet-up.  I wanted to run my problems past him knowing he’d have some excellent ideas for help. 

I managed a walk in the park with Dakota, as well, so the calories being burned continue to exceed the ones being eaten.  This pattern will have to change or there will be nothing left of me. 

Happy sixtieth, Holly.  It ain't so bad. 

Bike duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 135 bpm.
Calories Burned: 850.

No comments:

Post a Comment