Friday, November 27, 2015

Preparing for the winter months...

Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Fifty-five degrees and sunny in late November?  This was too much to ask for and I would like to have ridden for two hours, but I had a side job with outside painting that just had to be done.  I called the homeowner as I left work expecting them to pick up and say ‘c’mon over.’  Instead, no one answered.
I drove home thinking about that ride.  I could use a great workout the day before 5,000 calories of Thanksgiving over-eating, even if I was unsure about the state of my ability to indulge.  Then my cell phone indicated I had a voice mail, which I checked to find that, in fact, I could do the painting.  Damn.
Savannah called while I was finishing the job wanting to meet in the Metroparks to walk the dogs.  We met there at 4:30, which meant maybe an hour of daylight.  My heel was sore, but I walked briskly thinking I may or may not hop on the trainer later that evening.  I never count a walk without at least a pack a workout, but it is good activity and beats the hell out of sitting in front of the TV, eating and vegetating. 
Once home and again without an appetite, I blended another smoothie for my evening meal.  My weight was still ten pounds down from three weeks ago and I had the belt on the last notch.  This is good, I suppose, though I wasn’t crazy about the way I’d arrived here.  At least I was again getting my activity in gear and hitting workouts on a much more regular basis instead of counting on the job to provide all the conditioning in my routine.  It had worked pretty well, but was no long-term plan of value.  Spring is a long time off and the winter months have always been the toughest for me to maintain focus and training.  I certainly didn’t want to go into the holidays and winter already out of shape.  Bad stomach?  Yes – but I’ll take the benefits.
Hike duration:  60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate:  90 bpm.

Calories burned during workout: 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment