Sunday, July 4, 2010

The day after...

Friday, July 2, 2010

Holy macanoly…was I ever sore. My ribs hurt whenever I inhaled…exhaling was okay…my left knee was inflamed and my right arm was in a sling. Yeah…let’s ‘play ball’. And I know it’s going to get worse before it gets better with muscle soreness peaking around 48 hours. Still…if I lived next door to the Alexanders instead of across town, I’d be going over tonight for more Splinter…it was that fun.

I headed for the park to run, but was limping to the bathroom to change and fearing that my knee would not let me go far. It was another perfect summer running day with temperatures in the 70’s and humidity under 50%. I HAD to get in a run.

I started slowly with the knee soreness going away almost immediately. I was running the Clear Creek Trail and figuring on doing it a little over an hour – an easy pace. After 20 minutes, I felt so normal…all aches and pains dissipating…that I picked up the pace and stayed strong for the rest of the run. I finished easily in just under 59 minutes, which was only 45 seconds over the pr I’d set less than two weeks ago. It was actually so cool that I didn’t jump in the creek, though I did do my laundry…rinsing my ‘do’ rag and t-shirt in the sparkling, cool water. A good run day.

Run duration: 59 minutes.

Training Heart Rate: 140.

Calories burned during workout: 1000.

No comments:

Post a Comment