Friday, July 9, 2010

Going...going...gone.

Thursday, July 08, 2010

It was 8 p.m. and Holly and I had just finished watching the last episode of season four of ‘Lost’. It ended with me in a coffin…which isn’t so good, though I’m expecting to make a big comeback in season five. I hadn’t done a workout yet, but biking had been running through my mind for the last 30 minutes. I quickly changed following the show knowing that I had a little more than an hour for a ride.

I was huming down a side street when I passed a car at the bottom of a long driveway with the door open. The driver, a young man with a cell phone to his ear, had one hand on his garbage can (it had wheels on it) and was attempting to drive up the driveway using his knees and pulling the can along. I suppose this is called ‘multi-tasking’, but I’m old and where I come from, it’s called ‘lazy and stupid’. I mean really…you need your car to bring the garbage can in? He probably had more and needed multiple trips up and down the driveway. Not hard to figure why some people are losing the obesity wars.

I returned home to the news that LeBron was gone. I suppose I’ve been expecting it. I’m a baseball fan first, but always root Cleveland with the other sports. I’ve been around awhile though and I’ve had experience with this kind of thing that has desensitized me to these events. I’ve seen Albert Belle, Kenny Lofton, Manny, Jim Thome, CC, Cliff Lee, Casey Blake, and Victor leave the Indians over the last 10 years – and baseball is my sport. Let’s not forget Art Modell and the Browns leaving town, either. I don’t think the thing was done very well and I feel for all the folks who feel betrayed, but what are you going to do? I have to admit though, that it feels like someone died.

Bike duration: 70 minutes.

Training Heart Rate: 125.

Calories burned during workout: 1050

No comments:

Post a Comment