Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Injured again.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I hadn’t slept more than a combined eight hours over the last three nights and was still pretty groggy when I got up to go to work Tuesday morning. I packed my running gear in the car, wondering what the evening would bring. The hip had been a little sore and I was still thinking it was hiking with the pack that had caused the problem. If so, I hadn’t done it any favors over the last three days. Still, I had to go.

I started the run with apprehension, but the first three minutes felt great. It was a cool evening and I knew I could run fast if it was only about my condition. It wasn’t. I felt a mild twinge in the hip and knew it was going to go badly. The pain wasn’t as bad as it had been two weeks earlier when I’d gone to the doc’s until I reached the end of the run about 30 minutes later. I’d noticed that the pain had radiated down to the ankle on a couple of occasions…not too sure what that was all about…but figured I’d mention it to the doc when I called tomorrow.

I was truly depressed. It had taken me over ten years to become a runner again and I didn’t want any setbacks. I went home and packed the hip in ice and whined some to Holly. I don’t think she was too interested. I had another date in the Adirondacks scheduled for mid-September and decided right there that running was out for now. I’d get back to the bike in a couple of nights and stick with it. I can maintain excellent conditioning by riding and I will need it because I’m going to tackle some of the toughest peaks when I return. I know John will be reading this and since he’s coming, he’ll know that he needs to ratchet up the training

Run duration: 31 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 140.
Calories burned during workout: 475.

No comments:

Post a Comment