Friday, August 6, 2010

A needed rest...

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It’s my job to make my famous French toast whenever I visit Donnie, but he was sick in bed from the milkshakes and pizza yesterday evening. Lightweight. I made it anyway and ate 6 pieces before packing the car and heading home. I didn’t have much to eat on the way…driving normally makes me very hungry…but I wasn’t willing to stop either. I made good time, arriving home around 3:30 p.m. and after unloading the car, continued my quest to eat everything I touched. I don’t know why I was still so hungry, but I was. I polished off some leftovers I found in the frig then ate a cool whip container full of some kind of casserole the neighbor dropped off for the family…without the help of the family.

It was around 6 p.m. by now and I knew I would not be doing any exercise now. I had planned a short run in the park, but figured I could use a little break. I’d felt fantastic the entire time I’d been camping…always feeling like I could have done more. I’ve never felt that good in the Adirondacks and I’d never done so much on back-to-back days. I normally have a day off between peaks, but I’d done two majors in a day and been ready for more. I can only attribute this to the conditioning I’ve been doing since February and it’s so satisfying to know that it works. The weight and body fat is down and the conditioning levels are higher than they’ve been since my triathloning days in my 30’s. I’m heading back in a couple of weeks with Heidi and Marie and looking forward to the challenge already. John would like to go up in September and if we do, it will be to hit a group of major and difficult peaks…so stay in shape…not that I had any other plans.

1 comment:

  1. Hey were are all of the blog posts from this weekend! Cant wait to read them.

    Your biggest fan,

    The J Dawg!

    ReplyDelete