Monday, August 30, 2010

More roofing...more eating.

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Jason was supposed to arrive at 10 a.m. for roofing work. I had wanted to get it done before the heat of the day set in, but when 11 a.m. rolled around, I knew that wouldn’t be happening. I knew a workout would be tough today, what with family dinner at 5 p.m. and so I was anxious to get moving. Now I was figuring that the roof would be the workout. It was.

I had eaten Frosted Flakes for breakfast…they’re the breakfast choice of folks who want the most bang for their nutritional dollar, but that was it for the whole time we were roofing. By the time we finished, I was hungry, hot and sweaty, covered in tar and reeking of the gasoline I’d used to clean the tar off. Chicks were digging me. I headed home for family dinner knowing it would be something good and fatty and that I wasn’t going to be riding. I was also hoping we’d be getting more of Holly’s peach cobbler since I’d seen that she’d purchased a basket of fresh peaches the day before. I was not disappointed.

I ate mashed potatoes with gravy, chicken, and green beans smothered in butter. Then…the peach cobbler with whipped cream (still no ice cream in the house…barbarians…I know). I suppose once a week for total decadence isn’t so bad, but it is when you’re running has been curtailed. Still…I ate.

Later that evening, Holly asked me to go on the block walk. The hip has been just a little sore and wanted to know what the reaction would be, so I joined her. It went fine although it is still painful to the touch and I’m thinking I won’t even attempt running until John and I return from the Adirondacks.

Oh…and Kim stopped over to taste my pinole. She had a couple of pieces and I couldn’t get a read on what she thought, but she later confirmed that it was awesome…she was limiting herself because she needed to get home for dinner. I like confirmations from runners.

Roofing duration: Four hours.
Training Heart Rate: 75…except when I accidentally got tar all over my shorts and legs.
Calories burned during workout: Maybe 1,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment