Tuesday, November 16, 2010

At least I can walk again

Monday, November 15, 2010

Finally, I woke up and could actually stand on my foot. It’s getting better, but not nearly fast enough for me. I’m still planning on seeing the doctor before returning to running, but in the mean time, maybe I’ll just do some hiking in the park.

I found my way there last night and put in a little less than an hour tracking through the woods off-trail. I scared up six white tails, two of which didn’t seem to want to leave until I was within 10 feet of them. I didn’t see any bucks around. I made my way down to the marsh with the foot aching from every step, though not nearly as bad as it had been over the weekend.

By the time I reached the marsh, it was nearly dark. As much as I love daylight savings time, I can never get used to how early it gets dark once it ends. Bike riding after work is out entirely and hiking off-trail is limited, too. I could bring a head lamp, but somehow that just doesn’t fit back here. I guess I’m going to have to break down and put the bike on the trainer for the winter though I’m looking forward to the weekend and seeing a chance for some outdoor riding. If I can’t run, then I guess I just really have to man-up and ride in the cold. I’ve got the gear…the flesh is weak, though. There are still opportunities for some kayaking, too.

Anyway, I managed to do a hike and that’s better than nothing…my other choice. The woods are always wonderful and with all of the leaves off the trees, the opportunity to spot wildlife increases significantly. Tomorrow may be the same and I’ll keep it up until the weekend. Hopefully, I’ll get a green light on some running by then.

Hike duration: 50 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 70 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment