Monday, November 22, 2010

Blood test for prostate cancer? Check.

Friday, November 19, 2010

I passed the day Friday waiting for my foot to begin hurting. I had an appointment with Nilesh for my PSA at day’s end and was glad I’d done the running to trigger the pain. There was none. I met with him and described the pain, where it had struck and my current condition, which was pain-free.

“Hey…you listened to my instructions and now you’re better,” he said.

“Yeah…what a concept. I just don’t get how I could be on crutches and then five days later running like nothing had ever happened,” I said.

He described a bone on the bottom of the foot in exactly the location I’d experienced the worst pain and how, with the help of a manipulation by a doc familiar with it, can pop it back when it pops out…like a dislocated shoulder. “Maybe you just popped it out and it’s back in now,” he speculated.

Anyway, I gave them a vial of blood and will wait to hear the results of the PSA, which isn’t instamatic, so I guess I’ll hear some time next week.

I headed for home and some manual labor since I wasn’t supposed to run. The leaves seem to be all down, so I finished the raking, but my neighbor wouldn’t let me do his…he wanted to. Then I headed into the garage where I have my work bench and tools. Jason had criticized my organizational skills…I’d been piling things up for some time and had added Jim’s tools to the mix…so I decided it was time to clean it up. I spent the next three hours cleaning out the garage, making an insulation blanket for Mimi’s attic steps, and organizing the work bench. By the time I was finished, I had a separate pile of things I figured Jason would want and called him to tell him how he’d inspired me to clean up the mess. I was trying to get as much out of the way as possible since tomorrow would be full with working at Mimi’s, doing the rest of my own winterizing, and taking the van and Ash’s car to Dan’s for work. If I can’t work out…at least I can pick up the slack around the house…

No comments:

Post a Comment