Thursday, September 29, 2011

Heavy rains and another day off...

Monday, September 26, 2011

I left work in the midst of another pouring rain. The streets were flooding and cars were crawling along as I watched any hope of riding swirl down the drain. It was raining so hard and had been for some time that I doubted the Metropark trails would exist as anything but streams. Still I felt that I had to do something and drove there hoping it would subside…but it never did.

I gave it up and headed for home to clean up the camping gear I had spread throughout the rec room. I doubt I’ll have another opportunity to use the tents this year and I like to make sure they are 100% dry before storing them for the winter. I actually don’t put them back in their bags, opting instead to put them loosely in the attic so if there is any moisture left, it will finish the drying process. I had noticed a couple of spots with leaks in the rain fly, so I should probably seal the seams this winter anyway.

I miss the long rides…the ‘exercise fix’ I was getting throughout the summer. I talked to John about buying whatever we need in cold weather riding gear to keep riding as long into the winter as we possibly could. As much as I dislike riding on the trainer, I do need to get it ready since the rains appear to be in the forecast until Thanksgiving…and I for sure won’t ride in a cold rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment