Thursday, September 15, 2011

No time to work out

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The least favorite part of a trip to the Adirondacks is the fact that you must leave them. And so we did on Tuesday morning, making the eight hour drive home in eight hours. Holly had a chicken dinner waiting when we arrived after which I drove the Jeep to see Dan for an oil change and final inspection before Savannah returned to Ohio State the following day. He completed his inspection after changing the oil and closed the hood. I was climbing in the car when I remembered she’d said that the spare tire was no good. I went to the rear hatch to check it to find that it was one of those useless little things that comes stock with the vehicle and that it had a gash the size of a piece of bread in it. “Don’t bother fixing that. You need a new wheel and tire,” Dan said. We talked about where I’d get such a thing before tomorrow and with that, climbed in the Jeep and headed home.

Holly offered me the chance to go on a 40-minute walk later that night, and though I had done nothing physical that day, I declined. I still had to download and save all my pictures, sort through and put away the camping gear I would not be using this coming weekend, clean up the cooking gear and put away the food. I also needed to sift through the mountain of emails I had received while traveling and, if I had time, post some pictures of the trip on Facebook. It was a poor excuse not to do something, but I stuck to it. Maybe a rest day wasn’t a bad thing with the activity that was quickly approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment