Sunday, September 4, 2011

No will power...

Saturday, September 03, 2011

I met Bob at 7:30 a.m. for another Survival Workout. It was going to be a steamy day, so getting it out of the way early made all kinds of sense. The mosquitoes are particularly active early though, so after spraying myself with Off, I offered it to Bob. “Nah…I take so many ‘B’ vitamins that they won’t bother me,” he said. Bob’s really all about the proper nutrition and I’m sure he thinks that some vitamins actually do offer protection against mosquitoes…but the ones in the North Chagrin Reservation didn’t get the memo and were swarming all over him. “Um…there’s three on your forehead and I think they’ve sucked your brains out,” I said. He swatted at them and laughed…believing that I was kidding. “You go without the ‘Off’ and let me know how that works for you,” I said as I tossed it back into my car.

I’ve been having trouble with my arm and I know its from the pull-ups, so I tried doing them with my palms in. There was almost no pain when I did them this way, but I did feel it when I did my overhead rock presses. We pushed each other as we always do, and after two sets of push-ups, I was in an excellent position to break my pr again. I did 55 for my final set and a new three set high of 160. I don’t think I’ll touch that for awhile…unless Bob is there.

I had a bad eating day. I’d stopped at the neighbors to borrow a drill and Jen offered me some kind of orange slushy drink. I was overheating in the yard and it looked delicious…so I downed it. Later, she joined Holly and me in the pool and brought along another drink full of calories and I had half of that. Then Holly and I headed off to a dinner party where I ate too much breaded chicken, cheese and a can of pop…sweetened. I felt so guilty by the end of the night that I made a mental commitment to do a three-hour ride the next day. Rain or shine.

Survival Workout duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100 to 150 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 600.

No comments:

Post a Comment