Friday, September 30, 2011

Working out again...

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Finally…a workout! I made it to the park thrilled that I’d be working out. I could have come yesterday, but knew that the trails would be under water, though a mud workout would have been fun. I’ve still got that that lingering head cold though, and getting soaked to the bone would not be the first choice of the medical community in trying to get better…as if hiking in rain by day and sleeping in the woods by night was. Anyway, it was good to be pushing, moving, and lifting things again. I had a limited amount of time since Jason wanted me in Kent to let some realtors into his place, so I ran between stations to get done more quickly. I felt like it had been weeks since my last complete workout, but found that I was doing everything at the level I had when last I’d been here…which was only a week ago.

The trails were muddy but mosquitoes seemed to be gone. With the forecast looking like rain for the next few days, I may be returning for a run or two over the next couple of days, which would give me an excellent opportunity to find out where the knee stands in relation to surgery. It had done well in all the climbing, though I had noticed on one descent that, after a slip and bending into an awkward angle, I still had pain and a limited range of motion.

I completed the workout, hitting all my expectations though falling a little short on the push-ups with a three set total of 161. I’m crossing my fingers for some good weather tomorrow so I can get in a longer ride. With only one month to go before the time changes, we’re running low on days to ride after work.

Survival Workout duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100 to 150 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 600.

No comments:

Post a Comment