Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A muggy workout...

Monday, August 27, 2012
I’d been at a birthday party for my nephew, Nathan, the day before and we’d planned to do a workout together.  He’s done the Survival Workout a number of times and has created one of his own that he does on the ships he works as an engineer when out on the Great Lakes.  He’s in excellent shape and putting him through a workout is fun because I can’t hurt him no matter what I do.

I arrived ahead of him and couldn’t just sit and wait, so I began doing exercises.  By the time he was scheduled to arrive, I’d already completed 10 sets of various things.  I checked my phone and found that he’d left a message that he was stuck in traffic coming from downtown and would never make it there in time.  I was on my own.

I completed the workout doing 18 different sets of exercises.  It had been raining and the humidity must have been near 100%.  I could have filled a small pool with the sweat I was dropping.  I considered going for a run half way through the workout, but realized it was out of the question by the conclusion.  And this was supposed to be a rest day anyways, so I squished back into the Honda and headed home.

My neighbor’s pool was a welcome site and I left an nice slick on it when I entered.  It felt so good and did a nice job cleaning my workout clothes.  I’m pretty sure they don’t read my blog, though Pat does clean the pool after I leave…so I’m guessing he knows.

Survival Workout: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100-150.
Calories burned:  600.

No comments:

Post a Comment