Monday, August 6, 2012

Jimmy Dimora needs more money. Checks or cash will do...

Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Like many folks, I tend to remember catchy rhymes I’ve heard over the years.  In the song played during the opening credits of the TV cop show ‘Beretta’, I can still hear the lyrics “if you can’t do the time…don’t do the crime,” quite clearly.  I’m thinking Jimmy Dimora either didn’t watch the show, didn’t think he’d ever get caught, or…what he claims…never committed a crime in the first place.  To his displeasure, the Federal Jury hearing the evidence against him disagreed and convicted him of racketeering and dozens of other crimes.  The prosecution was looking for 26 years behind bars and remuneration to the tax payers of Cuyahoga County whom he’d fleeced without conscience during his years as a public servant.

The judge gave him 28.

I suppose his lack of remorse and claims that he was entirely innocent of all charges may have had something to do with this.  I don’t know if it’s a fair sentence, and there is much debate about it, but please Jimmy…don’t tell us you’re innocent.

And then he sent out the letter appealing to friends and family to send money to help him defray the legal costs that will help him with his appeal.

“As you know, I have had the honor of being a public servant for 30 years, and I would never do anything to hurt the citizens of Cuyahoga County, my colleagues or my family.  Over those years, I have personally sacrificed and worked diligently in executing the responsibilities and objectives I was elected to achieve as an elected official,” he wrote.

The Ohio Republican Party Chairman, Robert Bennett said it best when he commented “his moral compass is out of whack.”  Ya think?

Anyway, after reading his heart-warming letter…and then puking…I decided against sending money to him for his legal costs.  If he’d have just saved some of the money he stole and spent in Vegas on food, hookers and great parties and put it in an account that read ‘Just in case the knuckleheads in Cuyahoga County ever catch up with me and I need to defend myself’ legal fund, he’d be sitting pretty without having to ask those he fleeced for more.

I rode the same course as yesterday, but three minutes faster as the back pain becomes more of a memory.  I’m still holding back on the hills since they seem to trigger the pain, but the medication is doing the trick.  I did hear from John about his bike, though.  He called to suggest that maybe it was time he try riding again.  I’m thinking of changing my address and phone number.  After riding ‘The Rocket’, it’ll be hard to go back to a mere mortal bike.

Bike Duration: 79 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 1200.

No comments:

Post a Comment