Monday, August 6, 2012

Moving day...

Friday, August 3, 2012
I headed out on the bike thinking that I’d make it a two-hour ride.  Since I’d had no adverse effects following yesterday’s tough workout, I was starting to think I was 100% again.  In the past when coming off injuries, I tend to do too much too soon, but thought riding two hours was reasonable.  And I was right until I hit 90 minutes.

I felt a little soreness coming up a hill and before the point where I would have turned to make it a longer ride.  I had a quick decision to make, and for once made the correct one taking the shorter course and heading for home.  I finished in an hour and 45 minutes, but my back still felt okay, which was a good thing because I had two sofas and a dining room table to move.

Holly’s friend Craig had asked us if we’d like a huge leather couch they were parting with.  I never say no to such items and so took the seats out of the van and headed for Solon.  I had Jack along and he and Craig moved it into the van…I was playing it safe with the elbow more than the back…but knew I’d be doing the unloading at the other end.  Once home, I moved all our family room furniture around, took our sofa out to the van for transportation to Jason’s place and brought the leather sofa in.  At Jason’s, I had two of his buddies do the unloading but then I had to stop at Holly’s folks to pick up a dining room table and four chairs.  Once I had that back home and into the house, I put the seats back in the van and disassembled the table so it could be taken upstairs for storage in Heidi’s room until one of the kids needed it. 

By the day’s end, I was reasonably tired but pain free.  I was careful with the back and the elbow on all my lifts and got help wherever I could.  I wasn’t trying to be macho at any point…a minor triumph…and it paid off.  It was almost like a double workout…and I love doing doubles.

Bike Duration: 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 1450.

No comments:

Post a Comment