Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Better or worse? Hard to say...

Monday, August 4, 2014
I spent the day at the Y making constant trips to the bathroom.  The pain upon going seemed to be getting worse, though I had thought I was better when I’d gotten up that morning and had no pain for my first trip.  Walking around seemed to aggravate it.
I texted Savannah at the end of the day and encouraged her to meet me at the park with the dogs for a short hike.  My plan was to arrive there first and do the Survival Workout – as much as I could, at least.
I started well, managing 90 push-ups and having no trouble with my pull-ups and abdominal exercises.  I headed down the trail doing all the normal sets in my routine, including karaoke up the steep hill leading out of the horse trailer parking lot.  I’d reached Clear Creek and was about two-thirds through the workout when Savannah called to say she was on the way with the puppies.  I returned to the car to find them already playing in the field.  Copper was very interested in following Dakota wherever she went and doing whatever she did.  Still all good.  In fact, we tried to get her to mimic Dakota at road crossings when Dakota would obediently come to my side and not cross until I gave her the ‘all clear’.  Copper was clueless about why, but she did it none the less.
We walked a mile to the creek and allowed them time to play in the water before making the return hike.  I’d only managed 13 sets of my workout, but with the extra hiking, felt pretty good about the day.  I’m planning a trip to the Adirondacks before starting the new position, but have reservations about what I’ll be able to do.  With the stent coming out on Thursday, maybe the bladder urgency and uncomfortable feelings will dissipate.  If they don’t, it’s unlikely that I’d try to climb a peak, but wouldn’t mind a short hike to Round Pond and some time alone to camp, write, read, take short hikes, and think.  The serenity is complete there and with the wedding coming and starting a new job, it may be my last chance for this year.
Survival Workout: 60 minutes. 
Training Heart Rate: 100-150 bpm.

Calories Burned: 600.

No comments:

Post a Comment