Monday, December 27, 2010

Back pain...

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

As is usually the case, I have very little responsibilities for the purchase of Christmas presents…pretty much Holly’s and a couple for the kids…but I always put it off until the last couple of days. I seldom have something specific in mind…I kind of browse the stores waiting for something to jump off a shelf with a tag attached that says “Holly really wants this”. It never happens…but follow the process anyway.

I texted Heidi at work; asking when she needed to be picked. She had some shopping left as well and she’s always good for ideas on what I should get Holly. I arrived at Golf Galaxy as she was exiting the store…perfect timing…and we began our final Christmas quest.

My back had been bothering me throughout the day…a nagging soreness in the lower back that strikes about twice a year. I normally can’t attribute it to anything specific and this was no exception. One breath it’s not there…and the next, it is. Anyway, I figured it would go away before the day was over. Wrong.

We went to the Unique Thrift Store in Willowick because we both like to shop for deals. I’d been looking for ‘Schindler’s List’ on VHS and found it there. I don’t know what she found…but it was something. I told her I was heading for the car because my back was bothering me. From there, it was Pat Catan’s, where it really started to get ugly. I hadn’t done my ride yet and it was beginning to look unlikely as the night…and back pain…progressed that I’d be getting it in.

By the time we got home, I was looking forward to couch time. The bike was out and that was a major disappointment with the holiday junk calories looming on the horizon. I could just not eat them…but I knew that wasn’t happening. I decided to just go to bed to read and hope for the best the following morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment