Tuesday, December 7, 2010

More 'stupid heads' in County government

Monday, December 06, 2010

I suppose that it’s no surprise to anyone in Cuyahoga County to hear that we had one of the most corrupt governing bodies in the history of County politics. Thank you Frank Russo, Jimmy Dimora and company…you made us all so proud that we decided to throw out the old form of county government and put your sorry asses in jail…if possible. The voters went to the polls a month ago and eliminated a system where three commissioners called the shots and created one where 11 newly elected council members would work with a newly elected County Executive. Voters were sick of the corruption and secrecy…and the council members ran on platforms that said they would make sure it would no longer be ‘business as usual’ in Cuyahoga County politics.

Right. Six newly elected democratic council members gathered last Friday…in secret…to determine who would be the new council president and vice president. Six of the eleven members…in secret.

Seriously…how stupid can you get? Naturally, word of the meeting and its decision leaked and other members of the council and good old fashioned voters…like you and me…were rightly outraged. If this is reform in action…maybe the group should just pass ‘go’ and go directly to jail. It might save us all a lot of time and money when you consider how long and how much it will take to put their predecessors where they belong. Maybe it just comes with the territory, but if elected officials would concentrate on doing something instead of focusing how to perpetuate themselves…well…the governed would a lot better off.

Okay…sorry about the politics, but headlines in the PD have been about stupid heads for so long that I just had to comment.

It was a great workout day…beginning with our first snowfall to require shoveling. I pushed about 3 inches from my driveway as a warm up, and then headed for the park for a run. I’d spent some time setting up the trainer in front of the TV before leaving so that on my return, I could complete a double. I ran for 30 minutes on trails blanketed in three inches of the white stuff, which made it slow going, but strenuous. I hurried home and immediately boarded the bike and turned on an episode of ‘Lost’. This helped me through a 40-minute ride and the first 1,000 calorie burn day that I’ve had in well over a month. I needed it, too. Though I haven’t been on the scale, I can tell that I’ve put a couple of pounds back on since returning from the Adirondacks. Not that I’m surprised since injuries have kept me very inconsistent with my workouts. If I can stay healthy…that is over.

Run duration: 30 minutes. Bike duration: 41 minutes
Training Heart Rate: 140 bpm running and 130 bpm biking.
Calories burned during workout: 1,125.

No comments:

Post a Comment