Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Missed some calories...

Friday, December 17, 2010

It was the day of Holly’s favorite Christmas party because she would get to eat steak and lobster at the Kirtland Country Club. I knew it meant a lot of calories and although I’m not a big fan of steak – much preferring chicken – it was what they would be serving and I’d be eating. Probably after the appetizers and dessert, I’d check in around 1,000 calories.

I offset this with my what is becoming normal…and dull…60-minute bike ride. It’s getting easier to do since I discovered my DVD player on the laptop, but still…I’d much rather be outside running. I’m continuing to struggle with the holiday calories which constantly find their way into the house and…as a result…into my mouth. There is little will power at this time of year and I suppose that’s pretty normal, though wholly unacceptable.

Anyway, Holly’s mom was scheduled for surgery. Well…she’d been scheduled and rescheduled since yesterday afternoon…which can be quite disconcerting. We were trying to help her 90-year old father be there when it happened and the constant postponements were making very difficult on him, physically and emotionally. They had us convinced it would be happening that afternoon with a call that said “in about an hour”, but the reality had it happening at 8 p.m.

I suppose there is some good news in all of this. I didn’t go to the party after all and thus avoided some calories I didn’t really need. The surgery went very well, too. So…again…tomorrow I’ll plan to fit in a little extra since there is another party tomorrow night and my defenses are down.

Bike duration: 60 minutes
Training Heart Rate: 130
Calories burned during workout: 900

No comments:

Post a Comment