Thursday, December 23, 2010

Two helpings of fruit...

Monday, December 20, 2010

I’d picked up a Dutch apple pie from Patterson’s Fruit Farm for Sunday dinner, but hadn’t had a piece. Normally I’d have warmed it and added a couple of scoops of Breyer’s vanilla ice cream with natural bean specks, but I was so full from the eggnog milkshake…which is made with eggnog and Breyer’s vanilla ice cream with vanilla bean specks, that I held off. Amazing self control.

But there it was…sitting on the counter Monday morning. I needed something good for breakfast…and it had fruit in it. I left off the ice cream and polished off a hefty piece.

I stopped at Mimi’s and did a little calorie-burning work. She’s having the driveway plowed, but those rascals were leaving too much snow in front of the garage door and she’d been packing it down every time she drove in and out forming a twelve inch hump of snow and ice. I grabbed a spade and went to work chopping it down and in ten minutes; it was down to pavement again. I set a mouse trap for her and headed for home.

Dinner was leftover dumplings…or good-tasting, excess fatty calories. Holly had made a peanut butter chocolate cream and banana cream pie for Sunday’s party and there was still some banana cream left. Since I’d had my apples for breakfast, I went for the banana’s for dinner…there’s probably a whole one in two slices, I figured.

It was also our 35th anniversary. Yeah…I was a child groom and no…we didn’t do anything special. After her dad left, Holly had a lot of work to do preparing for Christmas and I had a bike to ride. I managed another 60-minute effort, though I don’t feel it’s enough to stave off the calories that keep finding me.

Bike duration: 60 minutes
Training Heart Rate: 130
Calories burned during workout: 900

No comments:

Post a Comment