Friday, December 3, 2010

LeBron's back...

Thursday, December 2, 2010

So…in case you’re living under a rock and don’t know it…LeBron is in town. I admit that I’m not a big basketball fan and although I liked having him here and always root the hometown, I just don’t miss him that much. We won before he was here and we will win again. I was fortunate enough to have witnessed the ‘Miracle of Richfield” season where, if we hadn’t lost our starting center Jim Chones, I am convinced we would have won the NBA championship in 1976.

Anyway, I’ve read all about what LeBron did though I never saw the broadcast. Everything I have read and all that I’ve heard on the subject makes me think that most folks don’t blame him for leaving town…only for the way he announced his decision to leave town. I must admit that I’ve been rather impressed with the way he’s conducted himself throughout his career. I can only imagine what it would have done to me to have had 100 million dollars at the age of 18…and I’m thinking I would not have been quite so mature. I’d expected some kind of screw-up to have happened in the seven years since then…but nothing. He seemed to play well (forgetting the Boston series last year) and brought us tantalizingly close to an NBA championship during his stay, represent Cleveland in a positive manner (exception: Yankees ballcap), and contributed much to the community with both time and money.

So…yeah…throw some boo’s his way and nothing more. He made a mistake…a doozy…but it’s done. Let’s get on with it. After all…it’s not like it’s baseball…

I took Dakota and went to the park for a hike. It was getting dark as we climbed from the car, but I figured I walk the marsh trail…something I believe I can do in the dark. I planned to return to the car and tack on a 15-minute run, as well.

I managed to complete the hike, though I did a lot of stumbling. I guess my night vision lenses were off a hair. I decided against the run, figuring that I’d go longer in the morning since I had the day off. I’ve got some personal time that, if I don’t use by the end of the year, I’ll forfeit. Maybe sleep in, go to the park for a longer run and then a leisurely breakfast with the paper and the chance to read all about the Cavs, LeBron, and the maniac fans.

Hike duration: 50 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 70 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 250.

No comments:

Post a Comment