Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chicks dig guys doing the Survival Workout...don't they?

Monday, August 29, 2011

I was only feeling about 80 percent after my day of food poisoning, stomach virus or whatever it was. It was a day for the Survival Workout, though I often try to follow these with a ride…but not this day. I called Holly to tell her I was headed for the park and she decided to join me for the workout. Holly has been the biggest supporter of my efforts to recapture the conditioning of my peak years since it is her that I most inconvenience with all my training and when she’s willing to go with me, I want to impress her with what I have accomplished…like the old days when she was just this hot chick in front of whom I wanted to show off – it never goes away. Except with the way I was feeling, it wouldn’t exactly be the best day for showing off.

She arrived shortly after me and after a brief ‘hello’ she began doing step-ups while I did push-ups. She could see me doing them and I’m sure she was digging me…chicks dig guys doing push-ups…especially in tattered, sweat-stained t-shirts and baggy shorts. She joined me as I walked the trail and continued on and looped back to me when I stopped to do my sets. As much as she was digging me, I don’t think she really wanted to been seen with me when I had rocks in my hands…which chicks also dig…normally. At one of our stops, I saw her doing some step-ups with her side to the rock instead of facing it…and interesting approach to developing the muscles of the hip and working her balance. We arrived at the Girl Scout cabins where I managed another 50 push-ups and moved to the swing sets where I tried to show off my amazing strength by climbing the poles to the top with my legs dangling…something I absolutely know chicks dig…but she didn’t even look my way. She was busy walking and stepping and doing her own thing…something guys don’t dig.

We returned home and had a dinner of chicken breast, fresh tomatoes lightly seasoned in olive oil and something, and fresh sweet corn. I should mention at this point that I broke through the 180-pound weight barrier this past Friday. I thought it would have dropped more from the weekend of activity and food poisoning, but it’s held at 179 since then. Still…I am extremely surprised at how quickly I dropped through the 180’s…only eight weeks…but the slow and steady loss is the permanent loss and that’s what I’m all about.

Survival Workout duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100 to 150 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 600.

1 comment: