Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hip pain...

Monday, August 22, 2011

I felt the pain deep in my hip almost immediately as John and I began to hike yesterday. I really didn’t think it would amount to anything since I wasn’t overdoing it…I’d just started. Yet…a year ago I’d ended up with a stress fracture for putting 60 pounds on my back, doing multiple sets in the bleachers and coming down and running the track (without the pack) in between sets. I’d ignored that pain and kept running over the next several days and eventually…stress fracture. And here I was…still dumber than a box of rocks…using the same weight when not having carried a pack like this in over a year. What was I thinking? Or…why wasn’t I thinking?

Anyway…the hip was damned sore all day and I opted not to do a workout. I was ready to ride and when I texted John to tell him I was thinking of taking it off to let the hip heal, he texted back “what would Lance do?” Well…sure…he’d have ridden, but this time I didn’t do what Lance would have done. Instead, I sat in a chair and read ‘Younger Next Year’. And I intend to be. Younger next year, that is.

The poison ivy continues to spread as I enter day 10 of the affliction. I don’t know what the record is…I should google it and try to add that to my resume. Every morning I wake up and find it in a couple of more places. I should look in the sheets…I probably brought a leaf home with me from Mimi’s and deposited it in there somewhere. With this day off, I’ll likely do a double tomorrow with a Survival Workout followed by a long bike. I need to be ready for climbing in September…it’s almost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment