Sunday, August 21, 2011

Missed a chance to ride...found some good books

Thursday, August 18, 2011
Holly called from Borders I as was heading home to hop on my bike. “They’re going out of business and everything in the store is half off and I thought you’d meet me and we could do a little shopping,” she said. Well…shopping with Holly…riding the bike…again…one of those times when you do something that keeps you married for so long. “Yeah…I’ve been wanting to get a copy of ‘The Paleo Diet’ book so I guess I’ll be there in about 20 minutes.

I couldn’t find the book Bob had loaned me but found another by the same author titled ‘Paleo Diet for the Athlete’. Okay…maybe I’m not an athlete, but I train like one and so much of the Paleo Diet is for someone trying to lose a lot of weight. Maintenance is as important…though the eating should be the same, but energy to work out is essential and comes from food…so I’m interested to see what’s its got to offer. I also found a book my Navy friend and former fellow bike hiker Todd had recommended. It’s called ‘Younger Next Year’ and is written for guys like us…trying to do things maybe we should have stopped trying some years ago (in some folks’ estimation). You can be sure I’ll post updates as I get into it.

I thought if I hurried through the purchases, there might still be time for a ride when Holly asked if I’d like to go out to eat.

So…I went from burning 1,000 calories to eating them instead. At least I had done my Survival Workout that morning and managed a new pull-up pr with 12. Some times you do the smart thing when you want to exercise…and you don’t.

Survival Workout duration: 90 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100 to 150 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 800.





No comments:

Post a Comment