Monday, August 8, 2011

Reaching small objectives keeps motivation high...

Friday, August 05, 2011

I drove to Akron after work to pick up Heidi and on the way home, tried to convince her she should join me in the woods for the Survival Workout. I wanted her to experience it, but I also want her to photograph the different exercises I perform for a brochure and web site I’m creating. “Next weekend for sure,” she said as a way of mollifying me. It was hot and she was supposed to join Savannah on a baby sitting tour, which to her way of thinking was a better gig.

I got to the park late, which is good in that its cooler and on a Friday night, there are few people around…providing more serenity. I started with pull-ups and hit double digits…10…though barely. Still…I was thrilled since I couldn’t do one when I started the blog. I’m always looking for ways to measure improvement. We need positive feedback and knowing I can do a couple of more of anything helps keep me focused and excited that my program is working.

It turned out to be a good…not a great…workout. I just wasn’t getting the reps I wanted to, but did what I could. Maybe the heat…maybe just a little tired from hard workouts in the heat earlier in the week. No big deal because tomorrow should be a tough double of chopping trees and digging out roots at Mimi’s followed by a ride of some duration. The forecast unfortunately remains “hot as hell”.

I received information from John that I reported incorrectly on his Oreo consumption in a previous blog. As readers know…I strive for accuracy. He claims he eats no more than half a pack of cookies each night, which I challenged. “Well…maybe two-thirds some nights.”

Survival Workout duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 100 to 150 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 600

1 comment: