Sunday, March 18, 2012

Another long ride in perfect conditions.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Someone remind me when I start complaining about all the rain…or the heat…or whatever I’m whining about regarding weather in the future that early March was the most amazing Spring month I’ve ever experienced since moving to Ohio.  Again…the temperature hit the 70’s and the sun was shining.  Though it continues to rain and the ground is saturated to the point that flooding is inevitable, it seems to be decent enough to do it mostly in the evenings

I climbed aboard the bike for what I hoped to make my longest ride of the year.  I headed through Waite Hill and up Kirtland/Chardon Road, but instead of following Mulberry back, I kept on going towards Chardon.  I kept an eye on the setting sun, but was alone for most of the ride on Pekin Road as I headed back towards home and made it just as the lights were coming on.  I’d managed close to three hours and the longest ride of 2012.  If I can get my calf healthy, I’ll be in good shape for the birthday triathlon in a month.

Long rides lend themselves to smoothies and I made sure to jam the blender full using two bananas, 3 Clementine’s,  blueberries, yogurt, frozen fruit and cider.  It was amazing and kept me from wanting to eat and with my cousin Donnie due in tomorrow night to surely be followed by some bad eating decisions, I needed a dinner like that.

Bike Duration: Two hours and 45 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 120 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  2300.

No comments:

Post a Comment