Friday, July 20, 2012

Second day off...


Monday, July 16, 2012
My knee was still sore and I decided to take a second day off.  I called the surgeon and scheduled a visit for Thursday and told the appointment person that I’d need to have him look at my elbow, as well.  That pain hasn’t subsided in three weeks and since I can’t towel off without pain, I think it’s time.


I continued to eat strictly Paleo, having both apple and banana pie after dinner.  It seems that the times I eat the worst are when I’m injured and not exercising.  Well…I can’t see it going to waste and no one here is eating it, so it’s kind of a public service.  I also decided that I’d run tomorrow and ride on Wednesday so that my knee would be nice and inflamed when I went to my appointment.  I’d hate to get in there and be symptom free.  When I shared this decision with my friend Linda in Seattle, she wrote back that she thought I was quite sensible in my decision but that when I did visit the doctor to have him check my head for a brain.  I’m pretty sure this was sarcasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment