Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sidelined again...


Thursday, July 26, 2012
I woke this morning with a sore, lower back.  It’s been giving me trouble over the previous four weeks while riding…particularly when climbing hills out of the saddle.  I thought the two days off would make it better, but yesterday’s three hours seemed to really enflame the situation.  I spent the workday hobbling around, hoping that it would loosen up before the day’s end since I was scheduled to meet Kim in the park for a Survival Workout and wanted to follow that with a bike ride.  She texted late afternoon though to say she couldn’t make the workout and I breathed a sigh of relief.  I hate to wimp out of anything, so she did me a favor. 


I went home hoping still that I might be riding and laid down for a short nap on my ice wrap.  An hour later if felt marginally better, but now something unusual was happening.  The skies were grey and rumbling and suddenly there was a ferocious downpour.  It lasted a little over 15 minutes, but I was glad I hadn’t been on the bike when it cut loose. 


At least I ate well.  Holly baked salmon and steamed some broccoli, which we ate while watching a terrible movie with Matt Damon, “We Bought a Zoo”.  I suppose terrible is too harsh.  Boring and dull, though.  Tomorrow…the beginning of the Summer Olympics.  I spent a lot of years thinking I’d like nothing more than to represent the Stars and Stripes and stand on the podium listening to the Star Spangled Banner with my hand on my chest as the flag was raised.  I still get misty every time I see it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment