Sunday, July 1, 2012

Doubling on a hot day...


Thursday, June 28, 2012
Before the day was over, I would see numerous postings on Facebook of people’s car thermometers indicating temperatures in excess of 100 degrees.  I’m sure all of them were taken when their cars were sitting at a light or in ‘park’.  The point, of course, is that it was damned hot.


And I was the smart one.  I’d gotten up early and done a two-hour ride before heading into work.  Unlike last week’s morning ride, I did not see anyone walking their pony to the mailbox to get a paper or wild turkeys with chicks.  I did feel strong the entire time and again...no cramping in my thighs.  There is something to be said for consistency, and that’s what I’ve been getting from my riding of late.


The temperature climbed throughout the day, but when I texted Savannah about meeting me in the park for a Survival Workout, she actually texted back that “Yea...I’d love to”.  Silly girl.


We met after work and I began with 70 reverse push-ups and followed with 16 pull-ups...equaling my best from the other night, but this time AFTER the push-ups.  From there though, it was down hill.  The heat and deer fly were killers.  I didn’t have the necessary edge and my right arm was hurting from the previous two workouts when I’d incorporated biceps curls back in.  Mistake.  Still, I went through all the stations, including climbing the swing set even with my arm hurting. 


It was a good double.  I spent some time soaking and cooling in the neighbor’s pool afterwards and then barbequed some salmon on the grill, which I washed down with a large smoothie.  We caved in and put the air conditioning on, as well.  Tomorrow...my first run in almost two months.


Bike Duration: Two Hours. Survival Workout: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 120 bpm riding and 100-150 for SW.
Calories burned during workout: 1700 biking and 600 for SW.

No comments:

Post a Comment