Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A record run...and golf ball find.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012
I’d decided to run on a night that offered perfect weather for going fast.  I decided on my favorite trail where I’d recently run 26:43 and been very pleased.  On that night, I’d not been trying for a fast time, so the pressure was on.

I didn’t really run too aggressively, something I don’t like to do on trails full of tree roots and other objects that could send me sprawling with a twisted ankle.  I certainly didn’ want to jepordize my trip to the Adirondacks with the kids, either.  I pushed...but with some control.  I hit my first check point about 6 seconds ahead of the time I’d doine last week, but knew I’d make the biggest difference over the last mile.  And I did.  I finished in 25:58, a full 45 seconds faster than my previous best and a time that left me feeling fit and ready for the mountains. 

I relocated to the start of my Survival Workout and did three sets of exercises before getting caught up in finding golf balls.  I’d noticed a few on the edge of the woods, someplace I don’t often look, and suddenly they were popping up everywhere.  In no time at all, I’d accumulated 41 balls, which were stretching my shirt where I was cradling them and gave me a second pr for the day.  I’d already decided against any more of the Survival routine and made this the rest of my workout.  It was a good cooldown and I think I now have enough balls to begin a little side business selling golf balls back to the guys who’ve been hitting...and losing them.

Run Duration: 26 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 150 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 475.

No comments:

Post a Comment