Monday, September 17, 2012

Painting, pizza, and chocolate shakes...


Friday, September 14, 2012
The ride with Todd the day before had inspired me to get back to my every day riding.  It remains the easiest thing on my body and I really enjoy it…so why not?  Well…one reason is it happens to be at least somewhat weather dependent, and a cold rain was falling after work.  I decided against starting in such conditions and instead began moving the weights from what we called the ‘Weight Room’ downstairs so I could paint it and move Jackie into it.  There was probably 750 pounds of weight in the room and I had to carry it all downstairs.  It took many trips and I thought about the benefit my legs were getting and how that would be helpful with the coming trip to the Adirondacks.

When I finally had the room cleared, there was still time for a run.  My left achilles continues to hurt, so I weighed that option against doing all the cutting in necessary to getting the room painted.  I elected to paint.  I was just finished when Holly’s dad arrived.  I’d forgotten he was coming for dinner and that we were having pizza and chocolate shakes and was now wishing I’d done more to burn calories since I was about to pack on some nasty ones.  I suppose I could have made a smoothie and had a salad and just watched the others eat that Jet’s pizza and suck down the thick, chocolate shakes I’d made…but that wasn’t happening.  I ate six pieces and had a second glass full of shake before declaring I was a hog and stopping myself.  I did manage some self control as the box still had four pieces in it…but I wasn’t proud.  Tomorrow I’d ride long…and paint…and cut the grass with a hand mower.  Tomorrow I’d do all that.

Painting/moving weights duration: Two hours.
Training heart rate: 80-90 bpm.
Calories burned during workout:  500.
Calories consumed while going wild with pizza/milkshakes:  Maybe 1,500.

No comments:

Post a Comment