Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Heading for the Adirondacks again...


Wednesday/Thursday

I spent Wednesday evening preparing for the trip and decided not to do any exercise.  I made the drive on Thursday with the only activity being the hike into Round Pond with a 35-pound pack, which isn’t too strenuous.  I arrived at the site with enough time to set up camp and forage for some dry wood, which was in short supply since the rains have been falling steadily in the mountains recently.  I gathered a good deal of birch bark from downed trees though, and this got a nice fire going even with damp wood.  It turned out to be a perfect evening, in the forties and clear skies so I left the tent flaps open and enjoyed watching the twinkling of the stars.  Friday, I would be tackling my toughest day of hiking and climbing ever with the goal of hitting four of the major peaks.  My biggest concern other than fatigue would be if I had the time to get in done while it was still light.

Hike Duration: 25 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 90 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 150.

No comments:

Post a Comment