Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Here's a surprise...it rained.

Monday, April 4, 2011

If I could trade in an April for a second May, I’d do it in a New York minute. March always has a couple of nice days and I get the bike out and start acting like Summer is here. I’ve been doing this for the past 40 years or so…but I never learn. It’s Northeast Ohio and the weather just plain sucks in April for everything without webbing between their toes.

So anyway, its 60 degrees as I head off to work thinking…I’m riding tonight, baby. But the rains came and never stopped, so I headed for the Metropark thinking ‘run’. I drove along River Road checking out the trails as I did, but all I saw were streams where there once was dirt. I mumbled stuff to myself…whining basically…and drove home for a ride on the trainer. It probably was a good decision since the cough hadn’t let up any, but…well…I hate that trainer.

I plugged in a ‘Lost’ episode and started spinning. Seventy-five minutes later, I’d managed an episode and a half, soaked myself and the towels under the bike, and felt pretty good about the effort. I cleaned up and spent some time watching the Butler Bulldogs try to win their first National Championship. It became apparent early on that they were giving up too much size in the paint and although they went into the locker at halftime with a lead, I felt it couldn’t hold. It didn’t and they lost to UConn by 11 points. Still...what a great program they have and I’m sure we’ll hear more from them in the coming years.

Bike duration: 75 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 130 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 1125.

No comments:

Post a Comment