Wednesday, April 27, 2011

It's raining again...and again...and again...

Monday, April 25, 2011

The rains continued unabated. I read some depressing statistics about March and April being the wettest since they started keeping track of such useful information. Apparently, there has only been 5 days since March 1 when the temperature got above 50 degrees and it didn’t rain.

I was driving to the Metropark after work with the intention of doing a survival workout. It was raining, but with the way I sweat…so what? I figured I could get really muddy, which I enjoy…and I wouldn’t have to ride the trainer. Just as I was pulling into the Ranger station to change, the skies opened up...more. I waited for 10 minutes, but there was no let-up. There were literally no trails…they were underwater…and as goofy as I am, it didn’t seem like a good idea to try and slog through the swamps with a bad knee and an increased chance of slipping and twisting it. I headed for home and the trainer.

I’ve had to find something new to watch while riding since I’ve made my way through ‘Lost’ for a second time. It ended the same way…John Locke is evil and they all…well…I guess I shouldn’t say anymore in case someone is planning on watching. I wanted to learn more about Italian immigrants, their business acumen and family lives, so I’ve been watching the Soprano’s. The episodes average about 5 minutes longer than ‘Lost’ which means they allowed fewer commercials, I suppose. Anyway, I’m learning a lot.

I heated up some of Holly’s vegetable bean soup for dinner and added about 5 ounces of salmon that I’d baked. I’d had a spinach salad for lunch and a chicken thigh, banana and an orange for breakfast. I’d snacked throughout the day on apples. I must admit that I’m rarely hungry since following the ‘paleo diet’ since I’m constantly munching on some raw fruit or vegetable. I’m going to keep drinking a glass of skim milk a day even though dairy is not part of their plan…but I really am an 80/20 man…I’ll be on it 80% of the time. I did have some more of Holly’s egg custard, too. Can’t tolerate throwing that stuff away. There are laws against it.

Bike duration: 60 minutes.
Training Heart Rate: 130 bpm.
Calories burned during workout: 900.

No comments:

Post a Comment