Wednesday, April 27, 2011

That soup needs bacon...

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This is probably getting boring to read since I’m getting sick of writing it, but I was suffering from neck and shoulder soreness and another severe headache throughout the day. I headed for the Metropark after work planning to do the survival workout and then maybe getting in a ride afterwards since the sun was finally peeking through, but instead headed home and lay down. I stayed that way for an hour and felt a lot better, but my window of opportunity was gone. I had to do something…I thought…so I did some push-ups and headed outside to try my new (old) non-motorized hand mower to cut the front lawn. I pushed through eight inches of grass…which makes for a terrific workout…but had to give it up when I noticed the wheels were sinking in mud and the rotating blade was hitting turf.

Holly made some kind of butternut squash soup for dinner. She usually adds bacon to it, but decided we didn’t need the calories…or the taste. It was still pretty good, but when I emptied the leftover from the pan into a Tupper ware container without using a spatula to get every last morsel, she concluded that I didn’t like it enough to make it again. “Okay…you busted me. I still like it, but maybe we ought to go back to a little bacon next time,” I said. After all…bacon is a meat and meat is the foundation of the ‘paleo diet’…though I seem to remember reading somewhere that it should be lean…

No comments:

Post a Comment